Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Father

Today I am missing my father for some reasons. I miss him very often and always wish I was with him at this moment. I wish if I could revert the time and take myself to my childhood and be pampered by him again. To walk with him holding his coerce hand, in the roads of Mukteshwar on a Sunday morning, collecting forest grass to decorate in drawing room vase. To watch him see playing tennis with his colleague and listen his thunderous laughter upon hitting the ball hard past Bhaskar uncle.

Wish I could reverse the time again!!!

Well! The need of earning my bread and butter will not allow me to realize my wishes. I am going to be here in Dubai, thinking about him, his smile, his innocence, his dark strong body etc etc…

When I think of him, first thing that I reckon is his smile. Never ever pretentious to hide his happiness he was flamboyant to show his happiness with his wide smile and thunderous laughter.

He never raised his hand on any one of us. Just a thought of disregarding his high self-respect, his innocence, honesty and the popularity of these characteristics kept us away from doing anything that goes beyond our family values.

My love marriage was a big shock to all. How can the son of Dr RC Joshi fall in love and go ahead with love marriage? What a disgrace!!! How can he do that? Well, I knew from the bottom of my heart this is temporary. In the long run they will be proud of Rashi and my choice. Now I can see the satisfaction in his eyes. He is so fond of talking to Rashi and loves pampering her.

He was a good sports man. In the small sleepy town of Mukteshwar, where anyone could fall prey of slow lifestyle, he maintained his routine of playing tennis, long walks in the forest roads, gardening and cutting fire wood on his own during winters. He did all his chores by himself when lot of his colleagues sought help from junior staff in the office. He did it all by himself, not for one, two or three years but for 33 long years consistently. His shoulders were rock solid like stone. I used to love feeling his arms, shoulders and back. He would eat 5 chapatis at a time. 5 chapatis? The thick and big one made by my mom and ghee flowing down from all sides. Well, I cannot even think of eating 3 and Rashi will never give me ghee with my food.

He had plenty of time to do his own chores. He would only watch the news at 8:30 on Doordarshan, when my mother would leave TV to cook food and that is all. Other then that, he would have never watch TV. We would call him to watch the movie only when the comedy actors would appear for 5-6 minutes. He would come running, laugh profusely watching them and leave us to watch serious or romantic part of the movie.

He has been a quite person all throughout his life. He has always done simple things in life, that gave him immense pleasure, without becoming a hurdle for anyone, neither with in the family, nor outside. Even at the age of 76 years he is what he has been 30 years ago.

I am proud of you Babu. I miss you very much.

No comments: